Java back-end developer
Wherever you look: software is running everywhere. Sometimes visible, but usually somewhere in the background on a server. And there, in the background, Java is king. In all industries from High Tech, Fintech to medical and logistics processes; Java is used everywhere. This has created a broad base of opportunity where you, as a Java developer, can enjoy yourself and develop yourself within this field. The Java world never stands still, which means you can constantly develop and challenge yourself, both technically and in your skills related to frameworks, cloud platforms and other tooling.
Constantly developing yourself and staying challenged by your favorite technology, what more could you want?
An HBO or WO diploma with a major in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Technical Computer Science or similar.
At least 6 years of relevant work experience. Good knowledge of, or experience with:
- Java, Java EE, Maven, Spring Boot
- REST, Microservices, Cloud (Azure, AWS), Cloud Foundry, OpenShift
- Up to date with the latest developments in software architecture, frameworks and tooling
- Experience with Software Testing and Test Driven Development, Git and GitHub
- Knowledge of methods such as Agile, Scrum and DevOps: CI/CD pipelines / Jenkins / Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes) / etc...
- Both English and (some) Dutch in word and writing.
Terms of employment
- Choose your own salary up to 6,000 euros
- The most flexible bonus model in the Netherlands that reaches up to 40,000 euros per year, although we recommend investing this in your personal development
- If desired, means of transport such as car, motorcycle, public transport and/or (electric) bicycle are provided
- Opportunities for courses, conventions, etc. etc.
Do you like doing things your way? Great! Same for us. Especially when we think these things can be done in a smarter way. With our roots as software developers and years of experience in ICT, we know the tricks of the trade; working many hours, often with little regard for your personal development, job satisfaction or private life.
We believe that this can be done differently. We believe that you work to live rather than live to work.
Does our philosophy and way of working appeal to you?
Are you the Giant Match for this role?
Want to know more? Send an email to email@example.com